"If you judge people you have no time to love them."
- Mother Teresa
- Christmas Concert- Friday 8th December 2023 from 7.30pm to 9.30pm, featuring:
- Simon Morgan, Baritone
- Andrea Delaney, Soprano
- Vincent Lynch, Pianist.
- Tickets available from: The Good News Stand, at the back of the church on Sundays and The Parish Pastoral Centre Reception daily
Tickets limited, so buy your ticket early to avoid disappointment. Admission €20
LIGHT A CANDLE FOR ADVENT - Children with their parents/guardians are invited to call into the church on their way to school to light a candle during the weeks of Advent
- ST VINCENT DE PAUL - Annual Church Collection at all Masses today replacing the usual Share Collection, so all money in the Share baskets next Sunday will be deemed for to be for SVP. The Society of St Vincent De Paul thanks parishioners for their continued loyal support during the year, enabling them, on your behalf, to respond to the many requests for assistance.
BETHANY BEREAVEMENT - Support will hold a meeting Monday 11th Dec, at 7pm in the Pastoral Centre.
CHRISTMAS CONCERT - MONKSTOWN PARISH CHURCH - Thursday 21 December - 7pm . Moya Brennan and traditional music groups of Craobh Phiarais Ui Ghréagain tickets: www.moyabrennan.com and Hewett Newsagent, Monkstown.
CHRISTMAS FAIR - Rowan House is holding a fundraising Christmas Fair in Aid of Laura Lynn Hospice and Wicklow Animal Welfare, on Thursday 15 December from 4.00 – 5.00pm in the Conference Hall. All are welcome.
- FIRST FRIDAY OF THE MONTH after 10.00 mass - EXPOSITION of the BLESSED SACRAMENT till 12 noon.
PRAY WITH US for Vocations " You have not chosen me, but I have chosen you " (John 15.16). Join with us every Thursday after 10.am Mass to pray The Rosary for vocations to the Diocesan Priesthood.
·DIVINE MERCY SISTERS, in their centenary year, delighted to share the news that all friends and those whose worship in their chapels will have the occasion to be granted the gift of a Plenary Indulgence. Pope Francis issued this decree to the sisters on 18 September.
The Plenary Indulgence draws from the spiritual treasures of the Church and is granted to all who participate in the celebrations of the Centennial and prayerfully visit our Churches and chapels.
CROSSCARE FOOD APPEAL - The Archdiocese's Social Care Agency is seeking support for its Christmas Food Poverty Appeal at this challenging time for many families and individuals.
Any donation received will help the Food Poverty team help others to move forward in life and enjoy the independence of supporting themselves Anyone wishing to contribute can donate online at www.crosscare.ie, call 01 8360011.
- DONATE BUTTON - Please note that we need to make administration changes to the operation of the Donate Button,. Therefore, the system will be temporarily unavailable for a period of approximately four weeks. We will advise you when it is operational again. In the meantime, we would encourage you to make donations through the Parish Office or by leaving a donation in the safe at the back of the church. We thank you for your ongoing support.
- ENVELOPES SUNDAY COLLECTIONS we would be grateful those of you who use the weekly envelopes to contribute to the Common Fund and the Share Collection please ensure that your envelope is clearly written, so that your contribution can be accurately attributed to you.
THE BETHANY BEREAVEMENT SUPPORT GROUP is looking for new volunteers to join its training programme which will be held in the autumn please contact one of the following for more information Hugh 087 2554 966, Joanne 087 7722 594 & Garvan 087 9383 704
GOOD NEWS STAND - new collection of cards for special occasions exam results etc. also a large selection of second hand books for sale at the back of the church.
- MASS BOOKINGS can now be made by calling to the Sacristy after mass and speaking with Vincent or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
PATHWAYS – Exploring Faith as an Adult – this programme is run by the Archdiocese over two years, from September to May each year. It takes place on Thursdays evening at 7pm in DCU St Patrick's Campus, Drumcondra. Applications are now open for course commencing 28 September 2023. Early Booking is advised. See leaflets at end of Church.
UKRANIAN ACCOMMODATION APPEAL - As you may be aware a number of Ukranian Families have spent a year or more in our locality. Some local hosts are now no longer able to accommodate these guests due, for example, to downsizing or a family member returning home. We have invited Eddie McNestor to speak to you about the good work he has been doing, with his team of volunteers, over the past year to house our Ukraian friends.
- BETHANY BEREVEMENT SUPPORT GROUP meeting - 7pm the second Monday of each month in the Pastoral Centre. All are welcome to join our team. We are a listening support service for people experiencing loss. A training course commences in the Autumn. Contact any one of the following for more information: Garvan 087 938 3704 Hugh 087 255 4966 Joanne 087 7722 594
- HATS FOR THE HOMELESS - Our knitters are looking for donations of wool to help them to continue knitting hats, scarves and gloves for the homeless. Odd balls of wool will be accepted. The wool may be left at the end of the church for collection by a group member.
- BUILDING HOPE In April Archbishop Dermot Farrell established a Task Force called Building Hope to assess the needs of the people of the diocese emerging from Covid-19 and to support parish communities, as they undertake radical renewal and look to the future. We hope to establish a Parish Team to keep us informed about developments. See diocesan website (here) for further information. If you would like to be part of this team, please leave your name and number with the office or email email@example.com
- BECOME A CHURCH VOLUNTEER - Sanitizers to keep our Sacred Space clean; Readers; Ministers of the Eucharist; Power Point Team and Zoom Camera Team. A short training session will be given, where necessary.
- UKRAINE CRISIS - If parishioners have made offers to accommodate Ukrainian refugees with the Red Cross, or are already hosting, we request you to please inform the Diocese by emailing Patrick Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Victoria Leatham (email@example.com).